Saturday, October 3, 2009

Some Saturday Fun


Hope you're enjoying the free fiction. Looking back over these old pieces shows me just how far my fiction writing has come. :-) I've got at least one local ghost story to share with you this month. Well, actually, it's a true story with ghostly elements. If I get time, I'm going to write somemore of them, but I'm also the Municipal Liason in our area for National Novel Writing Month as well as the advisor for my girls' school's writers club, who will be doing NaNoWriMo's Young Writers Program, both of which happen in November. Everything is gearing up for that right now.

We're off in a little bit to help a friend celebrate his birthday. Walking around checking out the shops in Nelsonville's Historic Square sounds like fun. It's an absolutely gorgeous day here in SE Ohio. It'll be lovely to be out in it.

But before we head out, I've got some blog goodness to share. Take a look below.

My sweet, online friend Tricia-Rennea has some printable Halloween goodies to download on her website. She's quite a talented illustrator, as well as a generous person. I'm always amazed at how much she offers free for the taking. Aren't the beakers wonderful? The little girl, science geek in my is in love. Links to the goodies are below the image. (Or click on her blog badge over to the right.)






Expressions Paperie is celebrating their 10th anniversary online with a $50 gift certificate give-away. They have some holiday cards that are both cute and whimsical. Head on over to find out how to enter.


Well, I think that's it. I honestly mean to blog more and hope that can happen as I get settled into my dual roles with NaNo. Did I say dual? Is there a word for a trio of roles? I forgot I'm supposed to write a novel next month as well.....

Hope you're enjoying the free fiction. Looking back over these old pieces shows me just how far my fiction writing has come. :-)

No comments: