Monday, November 24, 2008

Writing Whirlwind

Apparently I hit my stride last Monday with that 5K day. Whew that was a rush. And it felt so good.

So, here I am at the 43K mark. Midnight tonight is when you can start validating your word counts for the win on NaNoWriMo and I'm going to go for it. I've already written 6000 words today, so what's 7000 more. Of course, this is only if I don't kill me kids because they're tired, bouncy, noisy and generally draining of one's energy. *grin* Seeing as how I'm rather attached to them, having created them out of the stuff of my own body and all, I'm really hoping it doesn't come to that.

So, off to write. If you're actually reading this soon after posting, just keep an eye on the little widget over to the right and watch my word count grow.

Oh, and this won't finish the novel, but I think I've managed to accomplish the goals I set for myself back when I started. This is good. It means the novel WILL get finished and hopefully I'll be able to do something with it. My good friend Kate has been helping keep me on track, as she's been reading my weekly output. And then she hands it back asking for more.

Right now my wish for all of you is that you find the courage to go after something you want in your life. I've been wanting to write for a very long time. And I've done short stuff. I've even been paid for my stuff. But this, this was hard, folks. I had to dig deep to start it, and even then it was baby steps all the way. Until this month, when it's just taken off. I can't wait to finish and see what happens.

No comments: