Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Wednesday Meanderings


100_1448, originally uploaded by Tryllyam.

I'm not entirely sure how to get out of the writing funk I've fallen into since Dad's death. Of course, I live in Athens County and it's allergy season, which certainly contributes. Ugh. I'm getting back to where I really, really want to write. Now I just need to get back into the story. It's not too far away. I can feel the need to put pen to paper - or fingers to keyboard - building up pressure.

I thought I might get there this afternoon, but the cold/allergies/sore throat is just too much distraction. It feels as though someone took sandpaper to my throat in an attempt to distress it. I've had 4 mugs of hot tea, a bowl of beef ramen soup, and at least one other hot, sorta Asian noodle dish. And potato chips. There's still half a pot of tea, made in a 10-cup coffee maker, but I'm not sure my stomach will let me drink it.

And there is HC-TV. I brought the little guys out off their shelf in the bathroom so I could watch them while I work. Right now they're all napping. Earlier I thought mine, Perse, might be getting ready to molt - and she still might - because she'd tucked herself into a corner near one of the smaller shells, but then she got energetic and started doing laps around their habitat. It's fun watching them trying to climb the plastic walls. And each other. And the extra shells. And then sometimes they perch on the small pronged branch. They are so alien looking and yet so damned cute at the same time.

No comments: