Monday, October 31, 2011

Feelings of Loss

Saturday I slipped into my favorite, best fitting pair of jeans. I don't wear them often because they're getting a bit too far onto the threadbare side. They hung on my. The waist was still not a bad fit, but the rest just hung. They are so baggy in the seat now, as well as the front. I couldn't believe it. I didn't think I'd lost that much weight in the last couple of months, but wow!

So, I went in to have a health screening at OU today - part of their Healthy Ohio inititiave. Guess what? Not only was my blood pressure wonderful (113/64 - take THAT Monkey Girl!) but my weight was 198 and change. I've finally slipped below that danged threshold. The question now is, can I keep going? I don't ever expect to be 110 and a size 5 again - my body's changed as I got older AND had two kids - but it feels good to get some of that extra off. Size 18's fit better and don't look as sloppy on me. Heck, I'm almost in a size 16 now.

Being diabetic, with lower back issues, this is a great thing. Psychologically, since the smaller sizes now fit better, it's a great thing. Not everyone was meant to be tiny, but my smaller frame isn't quite so lost and my face has more definitly in it. Losing something never felt so good.

No comments: