Thursday, October 16, 2008

Idol Pursuits

So, next month I'm partaking in National Novel Writing Month, or NaNoWriMo. The whole concept is to write a short novel (50,000) during the month. I'm hoping to use it to restart work on a novel I started back in May before school let out. Hopefully, this little experiment next month will a) get a BIG chunk of my novel finished and b) get me into a writing habit/routine. It also means that I've been spending lots of time with my story this month, getting an outline and really learning my characters.

One of the challenges I tackled, thanks to this man's webpage, is to sum up the novel in one sentence. I didn't quite bring it in at under 15 words, but it's still a good sentence. And I'm about to share it with whomever reads this little blog, because I intend to write about NaNo for the coming month plus. Aren't we all lucky?

Idol Pursuits:
Quiet bookstore clerk wants employer's killer brought to justice without becoming his sacrifice to an unholy idol.

Aren't ya all a'quiver? More to follow....

No comments: