Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Wow!

Sorry not to have posted anything at all in at least two weeks, but, unfortunately, the title of my last post was very appropriate for the coming days. My father passed away the night of February 21st. I found out a few hours before my Girl Scout meeting the next day and then left for my grandmother's on Monday. (Yes, that would be my father's mom I'm referring to - she's 85 and fabulous!) I've been overall fine, but in a bit of a busy funk ever since. I want to write more about my father and am hoping that will happen in the next week. In the meantime, I'm planning on returning to my grandmother's yet again this weekend to help my sister sort through his stuff....and dealing with our yearly Girl Scout cookie sale. I'm not sure which is more mind-numbing. ;)

So, before asking if there's anything you can do to help, do me a favor. Go hug your kids if you have them, because you never know what's down the road. Watching a parent bury their child is heart-wrenching, even when the child they're burying is your parent. And if you don't have kids, go hug you parent or someone who's like a parent to you. And thanks from me for your help in this.

No comments: