Tuesday, January 18, 2011

2011 A-Z Reading Challenge

As a result of tackling the Teaser Tuesday meme, I wandered down the rabbit hole to this fun reading challenge for 2011 called the A-Z Reading Challenge. You can follow the link to get all the details, but the gist of it all is that you read 26 books, each title starting with a different letter of the alphabet. The goal is to get all 26 letters in. And because nothing if really fun unless you make a serious challenge, I'm going to try to do it with just one author - Andre Norton.

Why Ms. Norton? Because I've read a couple of her books in the past and honestly liked them, because my husband has at least 100 of her books, and, finally, because she wrote 215 books over the course of her career. This certainly ups the odds of finding at least one title for every letter of the alphabet. (We've even got a couple of "X" beginning titles in there, although I'm checking on a "Q".)

Oh, and did I mention the free giveaways the organizer is offering? (Not that I needed to be bribed with the possibility of winning something, but it's a nice addition. ;) So, go check it out and join me in the Challenge.

Oh, and I want to give a shout out to owner of Moonlight Gleam's blog, which is where I found the link to the challenge. I should also mention that she was kind enough to leave a comment about my Tuesday Teaser post. Thanks!

You can catch my list of books probably in a side column, which I'll continue to fill in over the next couple of days as I pour over my husband's stuffed shelf of Norton's. I know I'm starting with the following books:

Android at Arms
The Elvenbane
Voodoo Planet
Wraiths of Time
Zarsthor's Bane

And yes, I'll get back to writing soon. Between being sick and loosing Jeff's dad, it's been a very weird beginning to the new year. However, I really do need to get back to work on Glimmer of Sight, as well as finishing up my NaNo novel from this year. And I'm thinking of trying Script Frenzy in April. And yes, I am crazy....just a little bit. But I've never tried a play before and it might be a fun way to work on dialog and pacing.

Okay, now off to pour over the SIX pages of very tiny print from Wikipedia listing all the books Ms. Norton ever published. And I do mean tiny (6 point type?). The .pdf download is 12 pages. I may need my cheaters to read this puppy. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Thanks for joining.. I now have your correct URL on the blog list! Good luck with your challenge! Reading from only one author sounds bit tricky but with 250 books I'm sure it can be done. I have never read anything from this author but I will have to check it out!
Happy Reading!
Steph