Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Characters

Well, I've done up character sketches of Lilly Sinclair, who is the main character and narrator of my book, as well as Blake Cressley, the evil bad guy. Jake, our hero, will show up here eventually. He's going to prove a little trickier, as he's got a much longer history than Lilly. When he does show up on the blog, it'll probably be in bits and pieces. Don't want to give away any of the fun of discovery you'll have in the book.

I've also added "Lilly's Reading List" to the sidebar. It'll grow as I reacquaint myself with these short stories, although I've honestly not read all of Dracula or Frankenstein. I'll need to fix that when I have time.

And now I at least need to try to tackle the last of the editing. The goal is to finish the book this month. Some of us local NANO alumns have decided to use February to either finish up projects or kick-start new ones. I'm looking forward to the challenge, as well of the joy of finding out what happens in the book between where I'm not at and the ending.

Enjoy. And tomorrow, or Friday, I'll try to post a crafty project or something, just to change things up a bit.

2 comments:

NAVAL LANGA said...

I have read some of your posts. I liked the same and would like to revisit your website.

If you like short stories and paintings, then a visit to my blogs would be an interesting one for you.

Naval Langa
SHORT STORIES by NAVAL LANGA
PAINTINGS GALLERIES

Another Interesting Blog
MEDICAL TOURISM IN INDIA

Chris said...

Keep writing! I can tell your characters really are alive to you. It's great! Got your message, and it didn't matter it was "late" gave me excuse to see what new you have done. (I, however, have blogged nothing lately....) Love the ice pics. I'm moving to PA so I will have to get used to seeing that next winter. have fun! C