Thursday, February 19, 2009



Even with sick kids, I managed to finish up the land-in-your-lap, last minute article for Llewellyn's 2010 Herbal Almanac. It's on crafting with pine cones and was an absolute joy to write. I got a great chemistry review/lesson while working on the colored flames section of the piece. And yes, the girls are feeling better, even though the youngest has been home still most of the week. You know the school's been hit hard when the principal tells you to keep her home if she looks sick.

Right now, I'm feeling a bit burnt out on writing, so I'm going to spend the rest of this week and the weekend doing other creative things and try to recharge my batteries. I've reached the conclusion that I'm not going to finish Idol Pursuits this month. Hopefully I can hit it fresh and full of energy in a week or so and get everything finished up.

In the meantime, please enjoy the card up above. It was most of my Valentine's day gift for Mr. Incredible. That's my first ever lino print, based on a pendant he gave me at Christmas. I'm trying to get a good photo of the pendant, as well as the gorgeous chain he made to go with it, but so far there's just a nasty reflection off the copper. Anyway, it made a great subject for the print. And gave me a very happy husband. (I also messed with his computer, changing his wallpaper to one of the girls taken during the ice storm and then adding a custom playlist to his media player.)

I really love that guy.

2 comments:

melly~ said...

love the idea of doing a print on a card like that! very cool melinda!

Tryllyam said...

Thanks, Melly! The copper color was Cassie's idea. Ties it back in with the pendant even more.